Loads of new interesting projects this week. Let’s get started:
R is a tool to get strong typed, autocompleted resources like images, cells and segues in Swift. Instead of using brittle strings references you can now write:
R.image.settingsIcon R.segue.openSettingsSegue R.storyboard.main.loginController
Collection of completely customizable progress based loaders drawn using custom
A complete collection of UI components resembling Android’s Material Design style. I personally wouldn’t make an iOS app with a full Material Design look and feel, but these are certainly nice looking controls, and I wouldn’t mind adding one or two to my apps.
Here’s an example:
Checkout the project’s README for a complete list.
Simple and lightweight Functional Reactive Coding. Unlike other FRP frameworks like ReactiveCocoa or RxSwift, Interstellar provides only the minimum viable components to build application in a reactive way: a
bind, etc., and
Threading to create operations with it.
Key-value observing, or KVO, is a particularly useful technique for communicating between layers in a Model-View-Controller application. But the API provided by Apple are not very friendly to use. KVOController simplifies KVO by providing a simpler API and among other things blocks support and thread-safetiness.
A wrapper on libxml2 for parsing XML/HTML.
A Hacker News reader iOS app written in Swift. It is always good to read other people app’s code, and see how they architect things. And if you want a comparison, have a look at Marco Sero’s HackerNews client, build using ReactiveCocoa and ComponentKit.
UIViewController subclass exposing a simple API to display a fullscreen video.
Other Interesting Projects
- Spacetime, individually transform parts of layers in real time.
- NYAlertViewController, highly configurable iOS Alert Views with custom content views.
- Forgeries, helper methods for testing iOS gesture recognizers.
- Swinject Dependency injection framework for Swift.
- Localize-Swift localization and i18n with in-app language switching.
- PrecentEncoder lightweight library to escape string using so called URL encoding in Swift.
- Moya, a network abstraction layer built on to of Alamofire.